Dr Himanshu :
Role : Radiation Oncologist
- State of the art high-end Linear Accelerator from Varian–Unique and TrueBeam STX
- Technically India’s most advanced system with High Definition MLC/ Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT).
- Pioneer in having treated more than 8000 cancer patients (with 150+ patient sessions per day)
- Asia’s 1st Integrated Brachytherapy unit with imaging capacity inside Brachytherapy room.
- Capable of Stereo-tactic Radiosurgery (SRS) & Ablative Radiotherapy
- 13000+ Patients treated till date
- 2500+ Patients treated with Brachytherapy
What is Radiation Therapy?
Radiotherapy uses invisible, high-energy rays to treat cancer. It works by destroying cancer cells in the area being treated. Conventional external beam radiation therapy is the most common form of radiation therapy. It uses an external radiation source to deliberately deliver full dose radiation to the tumor and some of the surrounding tissue.
Forms of external beam radiation therapy delivered includes –
3D-Conformal Radiotherapy (3DCRT): is a technique in which each radiation beam is shaped to fit the profile of the target using a multileaf collimator (MLC) and a variable number of beams. The relative toxicity of radiation to the surrounding normal tissues is reduced.
Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), is an advanced type of radiotherapy that utilizes computer-controlled linear accelerators to deliver highly precise radiation doses to a malignant tumor or specific areas within the tumor. IMRT improves the ability to conform the treatment volume to concave tumor shapes, which is not possible with 3-DCRT.
RapidArc®(VMAT) Radiotherapy Technology is an advanced form of IMRT that delivers a precisely-sculpted 3D dose distribution with a 360-degree rotation of the gantry in a single or multi-arc treatment. It can deliver the dose to the entire tumor in a 360-degree rotation, typically in less than two minutes.